Home Gallery  Fixtures Contact Us Away greens Members Links
Burton Joyce  Bowls Club

In the beginning 1921 - 1940 & 1995 / 1996

Gallery 1

Early photos from 2000 to 2010

  The original Bowls Club in Burton Joyce believed to be from around 1900 to 1940’s on   Cragmoor Road, combined with the tennis club. At some time, the bowls was   discontinued in favour of tennis on that site.

  Burton Joyce Bowls Club on it’s present site at The Poplars, was started in 1996,   instigated by John Harris and Jean Palmer with John Harris as Chairman,   Ron Danforth   as Treasurer and Norman Kirton as Secretary.

  Based at The Poplars Sports Ground which also hosts Football, Junior Football,   Cricket   and Archery.